The California State University, East Bay Veterinary Assistant Certificate Program
will appeal to those who would like to work in a veterinary office,
but lack the necessary preparation.
Students who take advantage of Cal State East Bay's program will acquire
the range of knowledge and skills that prospective employers expect.
The curriculum covers topics from veterinary medical terminology and
veterinary office practices to recognizing signs and symptoms of illness
and assisting a veterinarian with surgical and treatment procedures.
Offered in partnership with Ed2Go, our program's
online-only format makes it convenient for anyone in the world, not
just those who live or work in the San Francisco East Bay Area.
- To prepare graduates for veterinary assistant positions.
- To give graduates skill and confidence in interacting with animals
and their owners.
- To give graduates a thorough grounding in veterinary medical terminology,
the major breeds of various animals, the basics of responsible animal
care, and the roles and responsibilities of a veterinary assistant.
- To provide graduates a strong understanding of measures that prevent
injury to animals, their owners and the veterinary team, including
proper office and compartment cleaning methods.
- To equip graduates with the knowledge and skill necessary to communicate
effectively with a veterinary team, assist a veterinarian with caring
for animals and assist with surgical and treatment procedures, including
an understanding of how to handle animal specimens correctly and process
- To prepare graduates to perform the administrative duties necessary
to the smooth operation of a veterinary office, such as scheduling
appointments and handling billing and collections.
- To provide graduates the knowledge and confidence necessary to
meet the highest legal, ethical and professional standards.
Who Should Attend
- Individuals interested in working in a veterinary office.
- Individuals interested in changing careers to become veterinary
|Type of degree conferred:
|Number of courses:
|Minimum program length:
|Tuition costs (estimated):
(Tuition fees are subject to change at any time)