The California State University, East Bay Certificate in Technical Writing equips aspiring technical writers with the proficiency necessary for entry-level positions.
Those who take advantage of this nationally recognized course will learn from a veteran instructor and technical writer who has received multiple awards for her teaching. On top of the fundamental knowledge necessary for all types of professional technical writing, the course will delve into media and formats ranging from instructions and proposals to websites and e-mails.
Offered in partnership with Gatlin Education Services, the program's online-only format makes it convenient for people anywhere in the world, not just those who live or work in the San Francisco East Bay Area.
- To give graduates a thorough grounding in the basics of technical writing, including the differences between academic and technical writing, how to consider the needs and abilities of the audience, how to incorporate clarity and utility, and pitfalls to avoid in the revision and editing process.
- To provide graduates an understanding of effective research methods.
- To familiarize graduates with other dimensions of the role of a technical writer, from ethical issues in technical writing to working effectively in teams.
- To boost graduates' resume-writing and job-hunting skills.
Who Should Attend
- Individuals who seek careers in technical writing.
- Professionals in engineering, scientific, and other technical fields who seek to improve their day-to-day writing skills as a means of furthering their career advancement and job satisfaction.
|Type of degree conferred:
|Number of courses:
||Self-paced (estimated 6-12 months) (80 hours)
|Tuition costs (estimated):
(Tuition fees are subject to change at any time)