Clinical Research Education and Training
The California State University, East Bay Clinical Research Education and Training Certificate Program provides clinical research professionals, medically-related practitioners, and those interested in entering the field with up-to-date knowledge on conducting, monitoring, and managing clinical trials within good clinical practice (GCP) guidelines and regulations.
Offered in collaboration with ClinfoSource, the accelerated online Clinical Research Education and Training certificate program (CREAT-e) is the busy professional's answer to obtaining valuable continuing education units on-the-go. Those currently in the healthcare, bioscience, and pharmaceutical fields can benefit by broadening their skill sets to expand employment options. This online program includes discussion forums throughout and an inclusive webinar at the end of each course, affording students the opportunity to build upon their knowledge with discussions and information exchange with their peers and the instructor.
- Understand and describe the principles of good clinical practice (GCP)
- Identify the ethical, regulatory and procedural elements involved in planning, preparation, conduct, and reporting clinical trials
- Identify key roles, responsibilities, and documentation for the various aspects of clinical trial planning, preparation, conduct and reporting
- Understand the phased development of new drugs and the considerations for clinical trial design
- Discuss clinical trial data entry, management, biostatistical analyses, and results reporting
- Learn about regulatory submissions before, during and after clinical trials
- Demonstrate understanding of clinical project management and vendor management
- Acquire skill-based professional training for career advancement
Who Should Attend
- Individuals aspiring to enter the clinical research field as Clinical Research Associates, Project Managers, or Clinical Coordinators
- Professionals already in the field who wish to refresh or enhance their knowledge
- Professionals in related fields (e.g. nursing, medical, pharmaceutical, bioscience, and biotechnology) who wish to expand their skills and broaden their employment options in the biopharmaceutical and Contract Research Organization (CRO) industry
|Type of degree conferred:
|Number of courses:
||6 months (if additional time is needed, students may take up to one year to complete all requirements)
|Tuition costs (estimated):
(Tuition fees are subject to change at any time)
||CSUEB is an approved provider for Board of Behavioral Sciences (BBS - Provider #PCE3060) continuing education hours.
ClinfoSource is approved by AACME as a provider of continuing medical and nursing education (CME and CNE) hours; and is an authorized provider for International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET) continuing education units.